Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quick Update

Some exciting things have been happening in our ministry in Nepal the past few weeks that I wanted to let you in on so you can join in on the excitement and so that you can continue to pray for what God is doing in Nepal. This past week we were able to register another boy into a great school in Kathmandu. Robin Devkota, the son of Rama and Ghanesh was dreaming of being able to get a good education and help to change the life of his family in the future. Kyle Dupic, one of our Peak alumni from this past January took on the challenge and is now helping to make that dream a possibility. i was able, with the help of Kyle’s generosity, wire the necessary funds to Nepal in order for Robin to get this much needed education that otherwise would not have been available, as his family simply does not have the means to pay for their kid’s education. This will also pave the way for them to possibly enroll their young daughter Rossani in school when she gets a bit older. By meeting some of the physical needs of this family, we now have permission and are able to pour into the spiritual needs as well. Partnering with local churches and pastors, we are committed to serving this family at it’s core. Please pray for them as they open their hearts to Christ and what He is doing in their lives. Finally, the medical clinic we are helping with in Ghandruk is almost complete. I recieved a phone call from Shankar, one of the village elders, letting me know that they are almost finished with the construction. They are only $1300.00 short of the funds that they need. I will be sending some money to keep things moving, and one of my other Peak alumni is helping to raise some additional funds to complete this project. Once this is finished this clinic will be able to provide adequate health care for thousands of people who would otherwise have to travel for several days just to see a doctor. This is meeting an enormous need in the remote areas of this mountainous region. Please pray for this clinic and the folks in this village. We had an amazing opportunity to share Christ with the elders of this village this past January, and this is a clinic I am hoping to go and work with once I complete my training here at the University of Utah. So pray for God to meet the financial need and for medical practitioners who are willing to spend time in this under developed area, pouring into the physical and spiritual needs of those we have come to know and love so deeply. And finally, things here in Salt Lake City are going well. I am feeling settled, and God has really provided a great place for me to live, and has brought some great Christian community into my life right away. I have found that I actually had friends here that I did not know were here, and God has blessed me with some really good authentic Christian community. Matt and Suzanne Bailey are old Royal Servant friends who are here finishing up a pediatric residence, Nate Stoltenow (who has 2 younger sisters that have been with me to Nepal several times, and a dad who makes the greatest Reuben you’ll ever eat) lives here with his wife and daughter, and then Luke and his wife, who i met during the interview, are here and have been a great source of encouragement as we pray for each other as we enter this challenging new adventure together. I even had a great visit with a friend who was in town for work. We were able to spend some great time talking and encouraging each other, going for hikes in the foothills...and eating at some great SLC eateries! Max and I have also been able to get out on the weekends and enjoy the amazing areas around Salt Lake. Abundant climbing, hiking, mt. biking, and anything else an outdoor enthusiast could dream of...and the best part is, this kind of entertainment is free :-) So God has even been ministering to my spirit as I have been able to enjoy His creation. This has been vital for me because even in the midst of great community, it is amazing how quickly loneliness can creep into the life of us single folks...or maybe its just me, but either way, God has been faithful and ministering to my heart and my soul. If you want to see some great photos, feel free to visit my facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=513524853 One book I have been reading as part of my JAM times each day is a book by Philip Yancey and Dr Paul Brand. It is a tribute edition to 2 books they wrote together and the title is “In the Likeness of God”. It is an amazing book that I would highly recommend...and if you DO grab it, i would love to hear your thoughts and how it impacts you. Well thanks guys for all you do, for all your support, and for your unwavering belief in what we are doing together! God is continuing to do amazing things as we seek to leave a legacy and as we inspire people to influence those around them to impact their world for Christ! If you want to join the support team feel free to head to our web site and click on "Donate" and join the team. Much love to all of you! Scott www.212degrees.org www.peakleadership.org and please pass this note along to anyone you think might be interested in what we are doing. It is through your word of mouth that we continue to grow and get the word out. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment