Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unexpected Inspiration

Here at 212 Degrees it is always my desire and our mission, to inspire others to influence those around them to impact their world for Christ. Over the past 2 weeks however, i have been the one inspired. And this inspiration has come in a couple very unexpected ways. i just returned home from a Medical Missionary Intensive training course through Equip Inc. in Marion, North Carolina and was unexpectedly both humbled and inspired. i sat in a room with 19 other missionaries from many different backgrounds, who came from all over the world, learning new skills that will better equip us to GO! and be a light in the darkness. One of them dedicated and committed to sharing the love of Jesus with the Muslim people in remote villages high on the mountain plateaus of Pakistan, or another who will be the first foreigner to ever step foot into the village of a mountainous tribe on an island in the Philippines. Several others who will be spending the next chapter of their lives living along side the people of Uganda and Haiti, or others who will suffer along side the church in the Sudan and Indonesia. And a pastor from Stillwater, MN who is leading his congregation into medical missions in Mexico. For 2 weeks i was inspired and influenced, by the lives of these heroes of the faith, to continue to impact the world around me for Christ through the skills that He has given me.

Then, upon arriving home, i received a letter from one of the young girls i sponsor from the Philippines. Ethyl Mae began her letter with these words. "Dear Scotty, May God inspire you when you feel down, encourage you when you feel like quitting, and guide you when all things become confusing. Stay happy because that's how God wants you to be." She then quoted James 4:10, Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up. And then yesterday i received an email from an amazing friend, who has for the last 8 years or so, been a dedicated and faithful prayer warrior for me and so many others. She gave me a verse and a quote from the great preacher Charles Spurgeon which read,

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me. (Psalm 138:8)

He who has begun will carry on the work which is being wrought within my soul. The Lord is concerned about everything that concerns me. All that is now good, but not perfect, the Lord will watch over, preserve, and carry out to completion. This is a great comfort. I could not perfect the work of grace myself. Of that I am quite sure, for I fail every day and have only held on so long as I have because the Lord has helped me. If the Lord were to leave me, all my past experience would go for nothing, and I should perish from the way. But the Lord will continue to bless me. He will perfect my faith, my love, my character, my lifework. He will do this because He has begun a work in me. He gave me the concern I feel, and, in a measure, He has fulfilled my gracious aspirations, He never leaves a work unfinished; this would not be for His glory, nor would it be like Him. He knows how to accomplish His gracious design, and though my own evil nature and the world and the devil all conspire to hinder Him, I do not doubt His promise. He will perfect that which concerneth me, and I will praise Him forever. Lord, let Thy gracious work make some advance this day!

Spurgeon

So, as i have been inspired, i hope this has in turn influenced you to impact your world for Christ. Thanks so much for your love, for your prayers and for your faithful support. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment